Solr for Enterprise Search
We help organisations to deploy Solr as an enterprise search platform
Solr is java server packaging of the Lucene search engine. Solr and Lucene are open source projects administered by the Apache Software Foundation:
- Solr is a widely deployed search engine, in use at thousands of companies including brand names such as LinkedIn, The Guardian, Ebay and Yellow Pages
- Solr is extremely reliable, stable and under constant development by more than one hundred code contributors within the Apache community
- Solr imposes no practical limits on scalability or query speed
The majority of Solr implementations address Web-facing search applications. However, with the addition of expert services, Solr is ready for use as an enterprise search platform.
ENTERPRISE SEARCH DEFINITION
We define "enterprise search" as a platform that:
- Indexes multiple, heterogeneous data sources; file shares, business applications, intranets, content management systems, external sources, etc.
- Serves a diverse range of search use cases and business processes, within the organisation and beyond
- Fully respects all underlying document-level security regimes
RELIABLE, FLEXIBLE, OPEN and COST EFFECTIVE
Solr's key strengths are flexibility, reliability and an open architecture. Enterprise search excellence can be provided in a highly cost effective way.
WANT TO TALK?
Contact us at our Ascot offices for an informal discussion of how Solr could be the enterprise search alternative you've been looking for.